Montaluce Winery

Wine-ing down another year to make it the Big 25 for me!

The best way to celebrate is of course with the people and wines that you love!

Montaluce is one of my favorite wineries it's a great getaway and feels as if I've stepped right back into Italy! I love the views of the evergreen north Georgia mountains around the cute town of Dahlonega and somehow the temperature always happens to be perfect. As you arrive the beautiful vineyards greet you and set the perfect backdrop to the terracotta and stone decor.



I've been a few times to Montaluce in the fall aka beautiful leaf changing season this is when we took the tour and taste test, and both I highly recommend!


 Learning all about how they make their wine to the weddings they host with on-site villas it's the perfect way to get that Italian feel but on home turf. I've had friends get engaged here and I must say it makes for some great pictures not to mention it doesn't hurt to celebrate with a selection of delicious wines.


We usually dine on the main floor but being booked for a wedding party we dined upstairs where there's a beautiful terrace overlooking the vineyards. We couldn't wait to grab a glass and dig into our local cheese plate. I tried the Dolce that had aromas of pear, pineapple, and hints of lemon zest!



It was a classy dining experience with Tuscan flatbread, shrimp and grits, pasta fra Diavolo, and fresh arugula salad. We saved room for a little birthday dessert too, So YUM!  But even if you don't stay for a meal I would recommend going for a flight of wine or one of their Wine Hikes.

Definitely a good weekend getaway with the girls or perfect date night choice!

Comments

Popular Posts