Stonehenge - Bath -Wales




Getting my history lesson in today and checking out the famous Stone hinge in  England.
Going back to the Neolitic age the history here is incredible. Amazing how construction over 5000 years ago still stands today! Venturing around the massive 100 stones in their interesting circular pattern I learned that the largest is 24 ft tall and roughly 40 tons!!!!WHAT!





After some quick snaps I was on my way to the beautiful Roman Baths in Somerset! Just look at this 18th century Georgian arcitecture that looks straight out of a Jane Austin Novel! Then I ventured to the popular Roman baths and  Therme bath spa home to the only natural hot springs you can bathe in in Britain!I decided not to take a dip considering it was from the time of the romans so a bit dirty and in ancient ruins these days but do a little more exploring in this stuning city! Bath is also known for its incredible cider so I obviously had to give it a go. I took to the lion and lamb beer garden for their local thatcher cider and they won me over but I hear their scrumptious is to die for ! It was delicious  and perfect for this heat wave before setting out to more sites of bath. Next, the layland lines nd royal crescent 🌙









The history continues on as I cross into Wales to see Caerphilly Castle  built in the 13th century and the second largest castle in Britain behind WIndsor(which I visted here). This Norman stronghold is surrounded by motes of  water and has huge gatehouse defences. Its proven itself many times over holding out even against famous attack efforts such as Oliver Cromwells roundheads who failed to break the bounderies of this massive 30 acre castle.Its stunning and even has a tower leaning more then the famous leaning tower of Pisa. Also interesting people of Wales don’t use vowels . Welch is the oldest surviving language. The culture here is like none other especially when it comes to their rugby .. they take it VERY seriously!

Ahh time to retreat from the battles of tourism today and spend the night in beautiful Cardiff to charge up for tomrrow!


Comments

Popular Posts