Dingle Peninsula




Ireland has just been a breath of fresh air full of lovely people and incredible scenery. This morning jaunting around Killarney National park was no exception! Our local tour guide with his adorable accent led us through the evergreen wilderness through lochs and castles such a Ross Castle. What a beauty! Fairytale views and such a perfect place to relax and explore by walk or horse and carriage (jaunting).




Rounding the big island of Ireland we go onwards to the coast. An exciting change of events occurred after having my heart broken that I would not get to venture around the gorgeous Ring of Kerry. It was being closed off for a bicycle race the one day I had scheduled to go. We saw in killarney over 12000 bikes would be on the roads so we didnt risk it! Luckily, that left room for me to take on more of Ireland, specifically Dingle! I have heard this is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland (looked pretty cute on Leap Year). Plus, it's still in the lush county Kerry so I knew it would still be a perfect place to visit. Dingle cultivates Ireland's westernmost point and is loaded with ancient landscapes and picturesque views where the land meets the ocean crashing on the rocks or washing up along its sandy coves. I couldn't wait to check out this charming town and soak up all its craft and beauty.


I especially love that I had someone able to navigate these insanely narrow winding roads for me!! ( so stressful!) I know, I know super touristy to take the drive via tour bus but, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Thankfully they took millions of photo stops and were great about getting us to the best picturesque views! Starting our ride out we made a quick pit stop on a little section of the ring of kerry just about s far as we could go, to The Red Fox Inn. Let me just tell you hand down the best Irish Coffee in all of Ireland.Now off to a great start we start the drive by the lush green feilds that lead us to Dingle.




The whole coast is a stunner! Just look at Inch beach! I could be out here all day but need a quick stop for lunch at Anascaul. We had an added bounus of picking the pub hosting a stag party..... a few beers later and even more hilarious memories later we headed back out for more exploring.




Shout out to my hunter boots which were the PERFECT thing to pack for this trip. They are really one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes and really were spectacular for navigating the wet rocks and beautiful grassy hikes. Also, Tip**make sure you bring a hair tie. The howling wind will have you in knots in no time.


As the end of the day winded down we made our trek back to Killarney. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. Sitting back relaxing to live music and chatting over a pint of Guinness at the Golden Bar and watching futbol (because what else?). The cute little town of Macroom where we stopped was so homey it felt as if I just belonged there and that's just the best feeling just being able to be present and truly find joy in where you are and who you're with. It had been such a great day and set the bar really high, but I'm looking forward to whats next!



Overall, I would love to just spend endless amounts of time in County Kerry. It's somewhere I can see myself going back and taking in more detail a second time. This is a must see if you go to Ireland. One of Irelands most lush and evergreen beauties!


Comments

Popular Posts