Blarney Castle

Pucker up!

Setting out today onward to County Kerry, we arrive at Blarney Castle and the adorable Woolen Mills! Built over 600 years ago Blarney Castle is one of Ireland's most famous attractions. Known for its beauty and of course famous Blarney stone that is legendary for giving one the gift of gab if they kiss it! But the best part for me was their gardens they were my absolute favorite. Radiating with every color possible and has such a divine smell!






Many legends are told how the Blarney Stone got its fame but there is no real hard evidence.
Rumour has it kissing the Blarney stone will gain you the "Gift of the Gab" I was more interested in a " Gift " for myself over at the cute cafe and shops of Blarney Woolen Mills. One can never have enough plaid right!? Also, I really deserved a treat after braving the climb to reach the stone. And then since it’s shifted over time you now have to lay down and kiss it upside down! Let me just tell you this climb to the top and kiss is not for the faint-hearted. The ancient stones, spiral staircases, and heights, oh my!  I was scared to death climbing the narrow passageways just to be told I would hang off the side of the castle to kiss a rock!



Plaids before lads right? This is every plaid lovers dream it’s chalk full of great  Irish wool clothing and accessories. It’s definitely the place you want to wait and buy your souvenirs at.

Comments

Popular Posts