Alnwick Castle to Cambridge




Ok, so Megan Markle doesnt have to be the only one who gets the fairytale ! Rumour has is there are still some princes and dukes up for grabs and one happens to be inheriting my favorite Harry Potter castle ( the one from Philosophers stone and chamber of secrets). SO, obviously this trip could serve two purposes : finding a prince and visiting beautiful Alnwick Castle.




Hey, a girl can dream!

Home to the Duke of Northumberland, Alnwick castle is a stunner and really feels like the type of place I could watch harry and ron flying on their broomsticks. The midevil castle is also widely known for its appearances in Downton Abby, Startrek and Robin Hood. I decided to take the tour inside the castle and take a stroll through the gardens.Inside the castle i was floored by the furninshings. They were the most elegant peices I have ever seen (unfourtunately no pictures allowed inside). Wanting to spend my whole day cuddled up in the library full of hundreds and thousnds of books I needed to get moving to catch my flying lesson!




Yes, there was a wizard to teach me how to ride a broom at the same location filmed in harry potter.With some swishes and flicks of a wand I finally got it right!






Back on the road and heading towards  our stopping point for the night ,York. Arriving I managed to spot York Minster. This was not hard due to it being known for being the largest gothic cathedral in northern europe. Also a very special location as you may know this is where constantine was crowned emporer. After a history lesson I decided to strech my legs a little bit around the winding cobblestone streets and check out the boutiques and sweet shops before calling it a night!




Up for a day of punting down the river exploring the wonderful city of cambridge and all the cute boys it has to offer!We loaded up and were punting under the actual caimbridge in no time!Our guide being a Caimbridge student himself, was able to point out capus buldings and incredible structures that lined the river.It was a lovely 75 degree day full of sunshine so you could relax as you punted down the river under willows and got a history of the beautiful city.















Comments

Popular Posts