Jekyll Island

Sun in the sky you know how I feel ... 


What better way to spend the beginning of summer than on the beach with your favorite people and good sunshine? (and poppin bottles)



Did I mention its also the sweetest remedy for some Rest & Relaxation?

I'm talking about The Cottages at Jekyll Island!


What a dreamy spot to curl up and escape…

Just an island over from St Simons it's the perfect stay cation…. Heading over to Jekyll Island for a beach vacation/ graduation celebration. My family decided to rent a VRBO at the Jekyll island cottages and we hit the jackpot.


With all the craziness surrounding the end of school, start of summer, and moving to a new city I needed to unwind .. or unWINEd .. wither way..cheers!


( My Rosemary Margarita .. so heavenly.. from Coastal Kitchen)


Pulling up to the adorable cottages I spotted a great back porch area, pool, and ocean in the backyard.. I mean yes please… 

We decided on a little bike exploration around this historic evergreen island to work up a sweat before kicking it back at the pool with some daiquiris!



Loving all the green and nature views…

And the famous Jekyll island club.. check out some cool history here



The crane cottage ( SWOOOOON) a popular spot to get married and you can see why.. 




Cruising our way around the island we drifted by driftwood beach…  a Jekyll island landmark that is so unique 



Making it back it was time for friends to come over and have drinks and throw some burgers on the grill.. this fire pit was made for times like these.. absolute perfection


These are the moments that I cherish the most being at the beach surrounded by people you love laughing and talking the night away.



The next morning up before the rooster crow I brewed up some coffee ( priority) and headed to my new favorite nook. I found this gem on the back porch and new I would have to put it to use. Grabbing a good book and my coffee mug I went for a swing, rocking along to the sounds and views of the waves. 

After a long weekend of no responsibilities lots of sun and even more fun drinks, I can say I was in a state of bliss never wanted to leave.



If your looking for a great getaway the Jekyll island cottages are brand new and have so much to offer being on a stunning island full of nature, secluded beaches, history and sea turtle fun. 

Comments

Popular Posts