Go to Items in my carry on to make me feel like first class







I wanted to put a list together of items I take any time I go somewhere whether it be a weekend getaway or international excursion. These staple pieces that I know to pack at a moments notice. They can be a quick fixer-upper after long car rides or in layover nightmares..Don't let travel get you all out of whack, check out these items and see what helps me be my best self-jet lag and all. Yes, I'm a commoner who can't always afford the first class high life but I tried to put together a few things that will help keep you fresh and refined even in the economy life.



1. Sleeping Eye Mask- This little mama is a god send! I ALWAYS sleep with it on and I dont know what I did before I owned this mask check it out here.Slip on this little number if you need a snooze or have a headache. It blocks out all light and its super cute and silky soft.It takes up litterally no room at all and is great for getting some much needed relaxation.


2. large tote -  This is always important to have plenty of room for me to keep all my stuff handy in one place. I usually bring along my Kate Spade tote or Mansur Gavriel bucket bag especially for planes so I don't have to store it in the overhead bin and can have access to my stuff easily. While traveling we can all get a little discombobulated because we don't have everything at our fingertips but this tote will help with that. Storing everything from emergency band-aids and toiletries, passport, water bottle, and a good book to keep you company. But most importantly..SNACKS. I'm the snack queen and you never know when times are going to get hard and you get HANGRY. It's always nice to have stuff on hand to be prepared for anything.
Clearly, I could fit a whole bottle of wine in here....


3. Headphones- I would personally recommend noise-canceling headphones but whatever floats your boat. It's nice to drown out those pesky people talking too loud when you want to sleep or the man snoring like a train next to you. Pop these little babies in and find your escape. You may be stuck in a small confined space for a long while but that doesn't mean you have to be bored or suffer from annoying loud people. Watch a movie to pass the time or fall asleep to the sound of the soothing waves crashing on the ocean.


4.Face moisturizer - This little number is a great quick fix after feeling travel worn and out of whack. I simply slap on a little moisturizer and I feel refreshed. Its nothing drastic because I never wear makeup when I travel but gives my face a little boost so as not to scare myself when I look in the mirror after a long flight. Your skin will thank you and you feel better. I recommend these little travelers : Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum, Whish Botanical Primer, or GLAMGLOW
 


5.Entertainment - My I pad mini is my little baby and a must have for travels. I love packing a physical book but its really nice to have space or just easy access to multiple books on my iPad. I can go through them so quickly so its great to have multiple downloads. Also, Netflix is downloadable (hallelujah!!). This is a major plus for long trips. FRIENDS marathon? I think yes! The iPad mini holds so much and has internet on wifi so you can surf the internet on a bigger screen than your iPhone and without the heavy bulk of a laptop. Dress it up in a cute case like I did with the cute Kate Spade one!



6.Reusable water bottle- stylish and useful! I take this guy everywhere. It's so helpful to be able to refill anywhere and its durability makes it a great choice for travel.


7. Hair ties - preferably the non hair crinkle types. I prefer these little scrunci spiral twisters! it's helpful to always have one on hand in hard times or to throw up a cute messy bun.

8. Melatonin + Zofran-  your welcome. This list is not in priority but if it was this would be somewhere near the top. NOTHING well just about nothing is worse than feeling sick while traveling. Motion sickness or just nausea, in general, is not pleasant for you or anyone else. Also, I take melatonin almost every night it's amazing. Its natural, your body produces this at night to get your body ready for bed. So I use this on long trips because no sleep on a long trip makes you feel as if you were run over by a dump truck. I've got you. These little fellas are nice to have handy. I use Nature Made.


9.Socks- Preferably fuzzy. No, I'm not kidding you don't want your little piggies to freeze. Also, super cozy to lounge in.

10. comfy sweater - This hits home for me hard. I'm always cold! It's awful when it's out of your control and it keeps you from being comfortable. Planes are the worst and while yes they can provide you with one of those blankets I personally wouldn't want to snuggle against that ( who knows how clean that is). Bring a big sweater and you will be able to 1. Stay warm and cuddle up for a good nap. 2. Save room in your suitcase! 


11. Neck Pillow- The beanie kind. Those blow up kind kill your neck and you won't be doing yourself any favors. They sell them everywhere and if you forget just pick one up at the airport. This helps make relaxing =100%. I use them on planes trains and automobiles... THEY WORK! I would recommend getting one that has a little snap like mine so you can clip it to your luggage or around your bag and don't have to worry about storing/ carrying it.


I cant promise you will luck out and get upgraded to first class because you look like you should be there but atleast your prepared when that doesnt work out. Also for you jet setters come prepared because it always seems to be in the cards you will have delays or some horrible snorer , talker ,or someone who just gets in your bubble. BE PREPARED. Hope some of this may help! Happy travels!






Comments

Popular Posts